Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Coffee cake and Contracts

One piece of advice: try to keep one thing of your pre-law school life sacred.

My one sacred piece of my former life is a weekend full of coffee cake. My fiance found this AMAZING recipe for a blueberry coffee cake that involves only a can of biscuits, blueberries, a few oats, sugar (regular and brown), and a little love (aka butter). Nothing can wipe away the worries of a 1L's mind the way awesome baked goods can. This morning I tried to eat my 1.5 servings of coffee cake and read Contracts at the same time. Coffee cake won that battle.

Can't miss out on the little things like that. Pick one thing that you refuse to give up. Ok, pick two (but don't get too greedy!). If those two things are the only pieces of the before times that you can manage, you will do yourself a favor. Law school doesn't give too much love (some but not too much) and so you can't forget to allow yourself to enjoy something.

Next weekend I'm going to savor my second guilty pleasure: reading a novel. I might see if Kris can make me some coffee cake to go with that novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment