Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Study group, Pizza break, Case Briefs... oh my

Laughing fills the student lounge: "This planner is filled out completely with every time block really detailed.... Must be a 1L."

Yes, most likely. By the way, is that my planner?

So what? I'm a 1L. I over plan, over think, and over exaggerate my plight. I have study groups to meet with, free pizza to eat in exchange for my physical presence, and cases upon glorious cases to read.

We read. A lot. My mom sent me a text today asking what I was doing. Well, what could I say? READING.

I was kindly reminded by my sweet mother that this would make me, "The smartest lawyer ever."
"Just by reading?" I asked
"Well, that's the first step."

At this point, I turned off my phone.

But not without a smile. She's right. Small steps. I'm the first person in my family to choose this law life path. My family is as new to this as I am.

This is all so new. A new lifestyle, new career path... a new climate (which is not exactly my favorite part of that series).

I'm looking forward to the good, bad, and ugly of my 1L year. I wouldn't have it any other way.

But for now....

I'm a 1L. Oh my.

No comments:

Post a Comment