Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What I'm going to need Post-Law School

In honor of the first law school final exam, Legal Research, I thought I'd note a few things I'm going to need upon graduating:

1)  A Chiropractor



Casebooks, Notebooks, Laptop... you name it, it's in my backpack. One thing I shouldn't have given up upon leaving the teaching profession was that little rolly-cart. Man, that thing was gold!

2)  A Job



Ok, ok, honesty folks. It's a rough world out there. I grew WAY too accustomed to my 10th and 25th paychecks. Now, Uncle Sam gives me one lump sum via Student Loans to cover me for 6 (ish) months! As hard as it is to see beyond the textbook at this point, I'm going to need to put myself out there for the best job possible because Ms. Restrepo has enough debt to put Greece to shame (Ok, that was eccentric).

3) Lots of Legal Looking Books



I have spent so much time these past weeks learning what these things are, if I don't have access to them (even if I will never use them)  I will feel these past 3 weeks of studying have been in vain.

4) Something to replace (or harness) my caffeine addiction


All this coffee and tea cannot be good for me.

5) A tree



I already feel like I need to plant a small tree about every two weeks. With as much paper as I use per week (practice tests, copy and copy, print and print) I think I personally am responsible for global warming. I'm sorry Mother Nature. Maybe I can do environmental law for a while to make it up to you...

6) A suit

The Power Suit

I decline to speak first.


More to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment