Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 10, 2011

WLA Luncheon

What an amazing time I had yesterday! My first real "get out and meet lawyers" event, courtesy of the Women Lawyer's Association. It was an awesome opportunity to sit and talk about how to gain the right experiences while in law school. I was surrounded by role models; women who, despite their lack of female role models during their early professional years, made it to the top of their profession. I had the opportunity to trade ideas with a professor about interest in policy. What's even more amazing is the fact that she offered me the opportunity to sit down with her and come up with a plan for the summer.

I also walked away with a free book! Well, I probably won't get to that until after December 8.... but I am looking forward to it! She was a great speaker.
I really enjoyed the discussion about the generational shift in the legal field, particularly it's implications on the law school structure. Really, it appears to sum up to the same issues relevant in education generally.

No comments:

Post a Comment